Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Jellybean Pics!

We had a great weekend here at the Johnson House! After our 13 week appointment with Dr. Spoon we went in for an elective "heartbeat check" ultrasound at http://www.miracleinprogress.com/ so we could get a good glimpse of the Jellybean at 13 weeks:
The Jellybean looked great and was kicking and stretching and then doing karate chops near his/her face (like in the pic below)! Val commented that it looked like the Jellybean had my cute upturned nose too!
Another reason I wanted to be sure to get an u/s image at 13 weeks was because I wanted to check it against the "Nub Theory" as the most ideal timeline for this gender check is between 12-14 weeks. For more information on early gender determination based on the location of the nub check out the very bottom of this link: http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

Basically at around 13 weeks all babies have a nub for genitals and the angle/position of the nub this early tells which gender it is going to morph into.

So a Boy Nub looks like this:
And the Girl Nub looks like this:
The theory says that if the nub is parallel to the spine like this then the assumption is GIRL and when I asked the tech she said she was 80% sure it was a girl (but not to paint the nursery yet)!

I added my own lines to my pic so you can see where the nub is right below the top line almost pointing downwards and a parallel with the 2nd line going along the spine.
We get our gender confirmation ultrasound on the 31st when I am 15 weeks but I just thought I would share my excitement and maybe shed some light on the nub theory that I have been "nubsessing" over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment