Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Nursery DIY #1- Toy Chest

This was a super fun Trash to Treasure Project!


BEFORE:
Photobucket

AFTER: Photobucket

First thing I did was remove the hardware and sand down the chest:
Photobucket

I started with this textured floral wall paper that was $11 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026T3GBI/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I painted a shimmer hot pink base coat making sure to get in all the nooks and crannies:
Photobucket

Then I went over it with a shimmer black color very lightly so the color was only picked up on the raised portion of the wallpaper:
Photobucket

The finished paper:
Photobucket

I cut the paper into strips to fit the chest:
Photobucket

Then secured those with glue:
Photobucket

I did the same thing on the bottom, added the hardware back on and was done!!
Photobucket

And here's the finished chest in Juliette's Nursery!

1 comment:

  1. OMG that is gorgeous! You did a great job, thanks for sharing this project!

    ReplyDelete