Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Nursery DIY #5- Barbie Prints

So in all my Nursery inspiration searching I came across these amazing vintage Barbie prints HERE for $135.00 (yea right):



So of course I started searching for ways to DIY my own version of these... I was lucky enough to find some copies of prints on Ebay for $5-$11 each since they weren't 1st quality but I knew they would be above the crib so it wouldn't really matter!

I ordered the 4 pink and black themed girls and when they arrived I went and bought frames at Michaels $11 each after coupons (which was still more than I wanted to spend but it was the cheapest I could find anywhere and since they were black I wouldn't have to paint them!) Then I had to fit the prints into the frames:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Then I traced and cut out the oval shape out of the print-
Photobucket


Then I mounted the print into the frame and hung it-
Photobucket


It looks as if the bow is what is holding up the frame when really it's a nail holding up the heavy picture frame, the bow is held up with just a push pin and the tails of the bow are just tucked behind the frame!

The final result:

No comments:

Post a Comment