Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Nursery DIY #4- Name Decal above Crib

So I love the look of Nursery Decals, especially with the name over the crib like this:
Photobucket

But there was no way I was going to pay $45 for something I could DIY for $5. So I found some various text options and took a poll on which script people liked best... #2 was the winner!
Photobucket

I thought I could use contact paper and use a printer to print the name backward on the back of the contact paper sheets but when I tried that the contact paper melted on the printer drum (much to my husband's dismay lol) but once he cleaned that up he suggested a better way which was to print the name right on the clear overhead projection paper and cut the name out from there like this:



I tested various sizes and found I liked the look of this the best (this is what the whole sheets looked like on the wall before I cut out the letters)-

Once the letters were cut out I just used rubber cement to hold them to the wall (they are so lightweight you don't need anything stronger). Here's the finished look:

No comments:

Post a Comment